Hello!
My name is Austin Alcala and I am an industrial design student at San Francisco State University. My interests include drawing, painting, branding, and product design.
Inspiration comes in a variety of forms. Well packaged products with excellent branding are like bread and butter to me. Pop culture, such as Star Wars, Power Rangers, and Gundam inspire me with their own unique design elements. Contemporary and street artists, such as Cleon Peterson and Aaron dela Cruz, are inspiring with the way their work speaks to the viewer.

Aaron dela Cruz x Sam Rodriguez

Cleon Peterson
Other than having a beautiful family, my vision in life is to be a successful designer by creating fun and engaging experiences. The ideal dream is to start my own design firm with a variety of artists that bring exciting new ideas to the constant change of the industry.



My vision:

To work well with other designers and have fun doing it!
"It's through mistakes that you actually can grow. You have to get bad in order to get good."
-Paula Scher
"I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things."
-Lindon Leader
#designer #artist #illustrator #lover
My name is Austin Alcala and I am an industrial design student at San Francisco State University. My interests include drawing, painting, branding, and product design.
Inspiration comes in a variety of forms. Well packaged products with excellent branding are like bread and butter to me. Pop culture, such as Star Wars, Power Rangers, and Gundam inspire me with their own unique design elements. Contemporary and street artists, such as Cleon Peterson and Aaron dela Cruz, are inspiring with the way their work speaks to the viewer.
Aaron dela Cruz x Sam Rodriguez

Cleon Peterson
Other than having a beautiful family, my vision in life is to be a successful designer by creating fun and engaging experiences. The ideal dream is to start my own design firm with a variety of artists that bring exciting new ideas to the constant change of the industry.


My vision:

To work well with other designers and have fun doing it!
"It's through mistakes that you actually can grow. You have to get bad in order to get good."
-Paula Scher
"I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things."
-Lindon Leader
#designer #artist #illustrator #lover
Austin Welcome to DES 505 Summer Session!
ReplyDeletePlease list your initial 505 Project Topic and Problem/Idea Concept you are seeking to address.
Cheers,
Prof. Gomes
I agree 100% with your vision! Not everyone thinks about having fun working with other designers. Sweet .gif too
ReplyDeleteLet me know when you get that design firm started! Im down to link up and build that vision fam. That Cleon Peterson piece is sick, and that GIF is perfect. #Lover
ReplyDeleteYes! Every mistake is a new lesson! Great quote!
ReplyDeleteHey Austin! I have definitely learned to accept and embrace failure through the program. I am a VisCom student so I am excited to see what you create in this class as a Industrial Design student.
ReplyDeleteYou just have to apply yourself Austin. I know you can do it.
ReplyDeleteAustin - Please Update your Journal Blog. You havent updated your Blog since the FIRST Week of Class (June 20th) - Prof. Gomes
ReplyDelete